I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Langkawi Trip Day 1

Journey started at 6.00am from my house. I drove all the way from KL to Kuala Kedah! Hahaha! With Edison and Albert sleeping at the back and thanks to Benjamin who kept on talking to me so that I don't fall asleep.. Average speed 125km/h.

See what I meant right?


Reaching Ipoh! Weeee! Which means... Breakfast time!!!!

So we left Ipoh at 9.15am head straight down to Kuala Kedah. But from Sungai Petani (S) exit until Kuala Kedah we used the trunk road.. Well Benjamin don't remember which exit to use and I never been to that area before.


These pictures are all taken at the Kuala Kedah jetty. We reached Kuala Kedah at 12.30pm. It was pretty sunny that afternoon. As we reached there there's a lot of people trying to get people to buy ferry tickets. One of them brought us to the counter to purchase our tickets. So we got the 1.30pm ferry. So while waiting for the ferry I just listen to music and read The Star newspaper.

Picture of us in the ferry.

After 1 hr 20 mins ferry ride, we're at Langkawi already! Weee....!! So quiet and breezy!


So we rented a car, Toyota Vios (KV6988C) at the jetty. After we got on the car we looked for petrol station because as expected, the fuel tank is close to empty. After we pumped RM30 worth of petrol, we head straight to our hotel.
So that's our hotel! Awana Porto Malai Langkawi.. Since it's a non-peak season, there's not much people there. These are pictures of Awana PM.
That's my room! So nice and cosy!

These are the view outside my room! It's a sea view room.


After we settled down, we head back to Kuah town. There we saw this Buka Puasa Bazaar. The bazaar is pretty big! And there's a lot of people buying food and drinks, all so cheap!
Then we go around survey the price for chocolate and liquor.
Too bad I didn't get to watch the sunset on my 1st day there because we're still in Kuah town at that time. So I told myself no matter what I must catch the sunset the next day.
We went cruising around Langkawi that night and enjoying our ride. Well RM160 for two days in that Vios. Pretty cheap and worth the money we paid! After the cruising, we drop by Cenang Beach..
Then we had our supper at this place called Cactus Cafe. Great food and so far the best food I had in Langkawi! The atmosphere of the cafe is so soothing. Looked like an old hut, but full with warm lights and graffities on the ceiling and the pillars!
This is the graffity that I mentioned earlier..
So after our supper we headed back to the hotel.. Can't wait for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

muahahaha...of course i have keep talking to you...you were driving my 'evo'!!!...wakakaka...:P...

and yes...we did a lot of surveys on the food and stuff but we also did a lot stupid stuff on the first day!!!...like being touristy and all...and shopping for cool items at pantai cenang...and having supper at cactus cafe...

we even hook up with a few friendly shop owners just to say hi and bie...ahahahaha...

it was one hell of a first day!!!...

PS: that wasn't the average speed limit...we know!!!...ahahahaha...

TJ said...

dem u ben.. so what's the average speed lah!?